Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ipsy vs Birch Box-Feburary

Since it is awards show season both Birch Box and Ipsy had "red carpet ready" themes this month.

What I got in my Ipsy bag
Coastal Scents eyeshadow quad in Glitz and Glamour (.07 oz) I'm really glad I got this quad the other option was golds and i already have those in my Urban Decay Naked 2 pallet.  They are really pigmented and are really good colors for a smokey eye.
Pixi Flawless and Poreless primer (.5 oz) This isn't bad but it still does not work as well for me as my favorite TooFaced Primed and Poreless primer. 
popbeauty Smoky Lash Kapow!!! in Smoky Black (.17oz) I have so many mascara samples in my makeup drawer so I have not wanted to open this one yet.
Mica Beauty Cosmetics gel eye liner- it didn't come with a brush so I haven't tried it as liner yet. I did experiment with using it as a base for a dark black and grey eye and it smudged easily.
Lash Cards Mascara Shields (it came with 4 cards) These are supposed to help prevent mascara smuding but  I don't really see the point. I feel like it would be more work to try and hold one of these up to your eye while trying to put on mascara. They are also supposed to be single use which seems like a waste of money.  If I ever decided to use them I would definately use them more than once.

What I got in my Birch Box
Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara in Excessive Black (.135 oz) It has an s shaped wand which is different.  It coated all of my lashes really well and it didn't flake. I really liked this one.
Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator (20g) I have used almost this entire tube. So far I really like it. 
jouer matte moisture tint in Hazel (.07oz) Smallest sample EVER. I doubt there is even enough to cover my face so I have yet to try it.
TwistBands Headband in Gray- It's cute and really soft and stretchy. I don't wear headbands often because they never stay on my head but I do really like this one so maybe I will use it.
Ghiradelli Milk and Caramel Squares (one square) This was the Birch Box extra this month. I love these, chocolate and caramel can really never go wrong.
(not pictured with the Birch Box products are the TwistBand because I couldn't find it and the chocolate because I ate it) 

This month they were kind of equal.  I am still  dissapointed with the size of the samples in Birch Box some of them have been so small that I will not get a good enough impression of the product out of just the one use I get from the sample they send.

No comments:

Post a Comment